Dogventures in Italy
Some of you know I went to Italy a couple weeks ago. (hee hee) I want to share with you my experience meeting Italian dogs and cats, and of course seeing the o-so-famous Pisa and Field of Miracles (well, the Field of Miracles was new to me).
This was a wowie zowie!! The cab driver let me off in an alleyway a block away from the Field of Miracles (which consisted of The Tower of Pisa, The Church, and the Baptistry), then I walked to the main street, and VOILA, there was the TOWER OF PISA standing before my very dog eyes!! It was an amazing site I tell ya! Here I am in front of the famous landmark:

This is also in the Field of Miracles (the Church is in front, and the Baptistry is in the back):

Here is the front of the Church. When I had my picture taken here, some guy made fun of me standing for a picture. Phooey on him I say!:

Here is my new Italian doggie friend I met at the Field of Miracles. The way this little guy ran and barked, he reminded me of Casper:

This next set of pics is in Vernazza, where I lay my head at night. Vernazza is heaven for dogs and honorary dogs (i.e Fu Fu). While humans would work during the day, doggies would run around during the daytime, making new friends all day and taking strolls. The doggies were very friendly. Not a bad dog in sight! Kitties were strays, but even I would say they were okay and friendly to me, the doggie tourist.
My dog house wuz right on this plaza, the best place for a view of the Mediterranean sea. Sorry the pics of me are so blurry. I wonder why that happened????!?!:


Okay. This is weird. Seems that SKWIRRELS are ALLOWED in Vernazza!!! Ivy, we must send all skwirrels to Vernazza!:

Here are friends I made. Yes, there were cats involved.

This pal of mine was waiting for his human to come back from his rowboat:

Here is a Cat in a Boat, not a Cat in a Hat:

This cat has an amazing view of Vernazza:

Cat waiting for its human to come home (this cat was the only cat that was not a stray):

The highlight of meeting new friends was meeting this Volpino Italiano dog. Turns out the Volpino Italian is a great ancestor of moi, so you could say American Eskimos and Volino Italianos are relatives and are basically the same. (Side note: Japanese Spitz dogs are also basically the same.) The human that was with the Volpino told me I was a Spanish dog. Now, why is it that so many strangers always try to tell me what my own ethnic background is???:

A whole adult litter of cats:

These pics were taken in Cornelia. The brave dog wuz sitting practically in the middle of the street. I kept yelling at him to come over to the side, but, no, he didn't listen to Hana!

Such a tiny car, just my size, but my dad still said he's not lettin' me drive:

OK, now tell your humans that this is a not so pretty picture. They might want to skip this pic. This is a pic of a glorified toilet hole. It's at a restaurant. Yuck! I just could not use this toilet and held "it" until I could find an appropriate toilet:

At the internet cafe in Vernazza, there are computer kitties keepin' warm:


In Monterosso, there was a statue of St. Francis and a wolf. Below the statue was a real live cat. Maybe that is some kind of significance:


In Vernazza, there was a cat apparently on a motorcycle tour of Italy:

Wonder if the Italian humans celebrate Howlaweenie? Well, here is the answer in the picture below. 99% of the human kiddies dressed up as witches. Apparently doggies have no fun on Howlaweenie. In this pic, do you see a purple frilly fur thing and a black hat on the ground? Looks like it wuz the bad witch from the Wizard of Oz when she melted. Must have been difficult to dress up as a melted witch:

This doggie must have belonged to Mr. Phantom of the Opera:

In Vernazza, when I was at a cafe, I noticed a poodle just strolling along. Well, there was a tour bus that came along, and the poodle got in line with the humans, and he actually boarded the bus!! I'm not even sure if he was bringing a human along on the bus ride. Oh, what a life doggies have there!
In Genoa, when humans are shopping, they leave their doggies at a play area where another human plays with them. Is that not the life??!!?!!:

And, lastly, here is a picture of some cruise ships in the Genoa harbor. I think these two cruise ships cater to dogs because the outside of the ship looks like so much fun and have animals on them:


Well, that's it for the slideshow. Hope you enjoyed it!!
This was a wowie zowie!! The cab driver let me off in an alleyway a block away from the Field of Miracles (which consisted of The Tower of Pisa, The Church, and the Baptistry), then I walked to the main street, and VOILA, there was the TOWER OF PISA standing before my very dog eyes!! It was an amazing site I tell ya! Here I am in front of the famous landmark:

This is also in the Field of Miracles (the Church is in front, and the Baptistry is in the back):

Here is the front of the Church. When I had my picture taken here, some guy made fun of me standing for a picture. Phooey on him I say!:

Here is my new Italian doggie friend I met at the Field of Miracles. The way this little guy ran and barked, he reminded me of Casper:

This next set of pics is in Vernazza, where I lay my head at night. Vernazza is heaven for dogs and honorary dogs (i.e Fu Fu). While humans would work during the day, doggies would run around during the daytime, making new friends all day and taking strolls. The doggies were very friendly. Not a bad dog in sight! Kitties were strays, but even I would say they were okay and friendly to me, the doggie tourist.
My dog house wuz right on this plaza, the best place for a view of the Mediterranean sea. Sorry the pics of me are so blurry. I wonder why that happened????!?!:


Okay. This is weird. Seems that SKWIRRELS are ALLOWED in Vernazza!!! Ivy, we must send all skwirrels to Vernazza!:

Here are friends I made. Yes, there were cats involved.

This pal of mine was waiting for his human to come back from his rowboat:

Here is a Cat in a Boat, not a Cat in a Hat:

This cat has an amazing view of Vernazza:

Cat waiting for its human to come home (this cat was the only cat that was not a stray):

The highlight of meeting new friends was meeting this Volpino Italiano dog. Turns out the Volpino Italian is a great ancestor of moi, so you could say American Eskimos and Volino Italianos are relatives and are basically the same. (Side note: Japanese Spitz dogs are also basically the same.) The human that was with the Volpino told me I was a Spanish dog. Now, why is it that so many strangers always try to tell me what my own ethnic background is???:

A whole adult litter of cats:

These pics were taken in Cornelia. The brave dog wuz sitting practically in the middle of the street. I kept yelling at him to come over to the side, but, no, he didn't listen to Hana!

Such a tiny car, just my size, but my dad still said he's not lettin' me drive:

OK, now tell your humans that this is a not so pretty picture. They might want to skip this pic. This is a pic of a glorified toilet hole. It's at a restaurant. Yuck! I just could not use this toilet and held "it" until I could find an appropriate toilet:

At the internet cafe in Vernazza, there are computer kitties keepin' warm:


In Monterosso, there was a statue of St. Francis and a wolf. Below the statue was a real live cat. Maybe that is some kind of significance:


In Vernazza, there was a cat apparently on a motorcycle tour of Italy:

Wonder if the Italian humans celebrate Howlaweenie? Well, here is the answer in the picture below. 99% of the human kiddies dressed up as witches. Apparently doggies have no fun on Howlaweenie. In this pic, do you see a purple frilly fur thing and a black hat on the ground? Looks like it wuz the bad witch from the Wizard of Oz when she melted. Must have been difficult to dress up as a melted witch:

This doggie must have belonged to Mr. Phantom of the Opera:

In Vernazza, when I was at a cafe, I noticed a poodle just strolling along. Well, there was a tour bus that came along, and the poodle got in line with the humans, and he actually boarded the bus!! I'm not even sure if he was bringing a human along on the bus ride. Oh, what a life doggies have there!
In Genoa, when humans are shopping, they leave their doggies at a play area where another human plays with them. Is that not the life??!!?!!:

And, lastly, here is a picture of some cruise ships in the Genoa harbor. I think these two cruise ships cater to dogs because the outside of the ship looks like so much fun and have animals on them:


Well, that's it for the slideshow. Hope you enjoyed it!!

14 Comments:
WOW Hana! You had some trip! After seeing the pic of the toilet, I think I'll skip parts of the world that don't have flushies!
I want to go on a trip like that! My girl always goes to those exciting places by herself and leaves us at home! I really don't understand why!
It looks like there are lots of cats in Italy. I think I would have fun chasing them all around town. Do they taste as good as they look?
Comet
Hi!! It looked so nice. I wish I was there as well!
~Jay
WOW...that looks like a great trip..except for the toilet part *ahem*! Um....why were you so blurry in all your pictures LOL??
Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade
Hey you are so lucky, and I am so jealous!
Come check out the eBay auction for our Northern Breed Rescue on my blog!
Hey Hana, that's a lot of cats in Italy. But that's such a great vaction you have there.
~ fufu
Wow Hana! What a geat vacation you had! I bet all the French and Italian boy dogs went nuts over you. But what is with all the cats? I bet a mouse wouldn't stand a chance over there.
I am so sorry to hear about your friend Laszlo. I am glad he had a loving human to make his last year a happy one.
Big Wags,
Isabella
Luv all the pictures! especially the one 'A whole adult litter of cats.." I will show my master those pics and I am ready for another vacation right now!
So Hana, did you hook up with any Italiano lover dogs?
Bussie Kissies
Buster
oh my dogness! wut a cool trip you had! and so many CATS!! i gess i will beleeve you wen you say they are friendlier in italy but i dunno... thats a lot a cats!
i agree that we shud send all the skwerrels over there ware they want them! put them all on the boat! ha ha ha!
too bad you didnt get to drive that truck. it wuz so perfect for you!
next time you go on an exciting trip like that i wanna come too!
hey hana you are so lucky you got to go to italy! i might be going in january to visit my grandma there...how was the flight for you, under the plane?
Hey Hana! I just read the comment you left at my blog-you aren't doing the dgs with blogs holiday card exchange?Ah, shucks! Would you e-mail me your address so I can send you a card? I gotta send my friend, Hana, a card dontcha' know?
Big Wags,
Isabella
Hana, I just LOVE reading your blog and I check it addictively... along with our other eskie friends. Except it's a little bit suspicious to me that your pictures are so blurry and fuzzy! Hmm. Thanks for liking my intro so much. Yes it's true, I am a little poet... and between that and the champagne, aren't I just devastating?! Hehe!! But seriously, you shouldn't be talking about being swept off your paws. You have dates with Casper, and I respect him!!
PS But if things don't work out with Caspey... I also prefer my ladies a little larger in bone structure. *ahem*
Looks like you had the adventure of a lifetime! Maybe you saw my Grammy there. She just came back, and we got a photo show last weekend. I wish I had watched more carefully. Maybe you are in some of her pictures!
Post a Comment
<< Home