Thursday, December 28, 2006

Holiday Blues

Happy Holidays to all of you! I hope all you blogging dogs and honorary dogs made out like bandits during Christmas! Ivy got a skwerrel, Copper and Hershey got carob treats, probably The Dachsies got the toys off the tree, FuFu got a Fufu Mobile, Zach got a mammoth bone for Christmas dinner, Isabella got a beautiful roll of toilet paper for her paper mache project, Sunshade got a whole slew of things, the list goes on.

Well, you might be asking what I got for Christmas. Well. Well, well, well. Many of you sent well wishes that I receive lots of presents and treats, but woe is me, I did not receive one thing from my mom and dad (that is, if you don't count the eensy bitsy sliver of pie crust and sliver of turkey because they would have given it to me anyhow since I always plead my case). Hmpf! I got nothing, nada, zilch, zip, zero stuff! I had to steal something in order to get something special. When everyone was in the family room, I snuck over to the living room because there were slices of Italian Panettone bread sitting on the coffee table. My dad had poured some rum and kahlua liqueur over the slices earlier. Well, I got hold of a slice and was devouring it when my mom's uncle came running over to see what I was doing. He said he was suspicious when he saw me heading out to the living room when everyone was in the family room. My dad rushed over and scolded me. HMPF! Not fair! Plus, when he held my snout shut, my tongue was still hanging out and it HURT! Everyone gets presents except for me. I think I might want to run away and live with Isabella because she gets lots of human food and gifts from her Linda and Mike.

My mom explained to me that I have too many toys already, so I don't need any more for Christmas. She says that when I get new toys, I still play with my old toys more than my new toys. I gotta admit, I do love my old worn out toys. Old toys are the bestest! Do you guys think I have too many toys?

Hey, don't I look like Comet in the pic above?

Below is a pic of my absolutely favorite toys. I love stuffed toys! My mom says they are icky and need a bath, but I like them icky. I have had the red, blue, and green ball since my parents adopted me. The first day they picked me up from the breeder, they took me to the pet supply store and got me the ball. Oh, the ball is like my security blanket. I love my ball. I am always asking my mom and dad to play ball. Sometimes my parents will be downstairs and I'll be upstairs, then I'll throw the ball down the stairs and down it goes for my parents to see that I want to play. As for the two white toys, for some reason they are also my favorite. I wonder if I like them because they look like me. The penguin with the Christmas hat... that is so much fun to swing around. And, the pink octopus makes funny crinkly noises.

Hmmm, I guess it's okay that I didn't get any toys for Christmas. My old toys are the bestest toys in the world!

13 Comments:

Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hana, not fair... How come you didn't get anything for xmas. You should at least get a yummy treat. But your old toys do look fun to play with

~ fufu

December 28, 2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger JustMeCopper said...

Wow Hana! That white fuzzy toy with the brown tail ... I have one just like it!!!! Only the tail of mine is way more shredded than yours. How about that!

December 28, 2006 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any toys like yours. You've got tons of toys - WOW! How do you choose what to play with??? Do they all have the same name? All my toys are called Bunny .. except for the duck .. he's Duck.

Was the bread good? Did you get drunk? Maybe they should have poured Guiness on it!

December 28, 2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger Hana said...

Wowie zowie, Copper! You have the same white fuzzy toy with the brown tail, too! That's neat we have the same toy. But, Copper, I can't seem to figure out what animal that stuffed white toy is. Is it a dog? Can't be since the tail of a dog usually is the same color as the rest of the dog. Is it a skwerrel? Can't be since the ears are floppy. What kind of animal do you call it? It is probably very obvious to other dogs what kind of animal it is, but I sure can't tell. My mom says it might be half dog/half skwerrel.

December 28, 2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Hana,

We think you should have gotten more new toys. It's a little like jewelry for women or tools for guys, you can never have too much.

Roxie, Sammu & Andy

December 29, 2006 7:17 AM  
Blogger L said...

haha Hana,

In that picture, you do look a lot like greedy Comet when he guards the toys. Our girl claims we have too many toys too, and that's why Santa didn't bring any for us. She said he gave them to all the homeless doggies instead, since they need them more.

Your toys are very different from ours. We aren't usually allowed stuffed toys, because we both rip them to shreds. Maybe if you destroyed your toys (other than your favorite ball) you would get more. We mostly get ropes, nylabones, and rubber toys. Yours look more fun than ours.

Even though your people were grinchy like our girl, we hope you still had a wonderful Christmas. Maybe the new year will bring you more toys and treats!
BLU

December 29, 2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Hana,

Is it okay if we add you to the master list of doggiebloggers over at www.dogswithblogs.com.au ? We would love to have you there ! Just leave me a note on my blog if it is okay with you.

Cheers,
Opy

PS - you can NEVER have too many toys :-)

December 29, 2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger Hana said...

Hi Opy,

I have been trying to leave a comment on you blog, but it won't let me. It says I need to type in the verification word, but guess what, it doesn't show the verification word, so how can I type it in? As Isabella said, blogger should get a lump of coal for Christmas.

So sorry to hear about Peanut. I didn't know Peanut too well. I hope her family will be okay.

Yes, you can add me to the DWB list! My only comment would be that we are really called American Eskimo instead of Eskimo. But, if that is too long of a description, then no problem and I understand.

Hope you have a happy new year!

December 29, 2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hi Hana,

Yes, as Turbo would say`-`blogger is STUPID ! It really frustrates me sometimes !

So glad to add you to the list, we all know you already, but it's great to have you on our "official" list :-)

I will get SHD (stupid human dad) to change all the Eskimo's breeds to the correct name of "American Eskimo" - not a problem. I guess sometimes it is hard for us out here in Oz, as we don't always have the same breeds as you guys do in the U.S.

Anyway, welcome aboard - it is great to have you here :-)

December 29, 2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger Hana said...

Hi Butchy and Snickers,

The two purple toys I have are both bunnies! One is a darker purple and it is a very long toy. It's one of those stretchy things. The other is a regular purple bunny. I don't have any dinosaurs.

Thank you for the offer to live with you. I bet since there are two of you, you have twice as many toys!

December 29, 2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger A&S said...

dear hana,
of course you don't have too many toys! how could you?

December 30, 2006 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh oh copper DOES have that same toy! cause i played with it! his doesn't have any ears anymore cause copper ripped them off! my mom says its a lamb/yeti/dog thing! she couldn't figure it out either. i looooove that toy when i am at copper's house.

December 30, 2006 6:38 PM  
Blogger Casper said...

Gasp! No gifts for Christmas?!?!?!?! We should have a serious talk with your parents Hana. How could they? My Mommie always thinks I have too many toys but she could not help herself. She still got me stuff for Christmas.

January 08, 2007 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home